Garlic in oil
Garlic in oil is a versatile and aromatic spice that can add rich flavor and aroma to various dishes. Garlic in oil contains the highest quality cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil. We have also prepared an additional smoked product containing chili as an upgrade.
Garlic is a staple ingredient in produce and many cuisines worldwide and is known for its spicy aroma and intense flavor. It is a member of the bulb family and consists of several pods surrounded by white or light brown skin. It is available fresh in pods, dried as a powder, chopped, ground, or even in paste form.
The cloves can be peeled and used whole, minced, or chopped when preparing fresh garlic. Garlic cloves can be added at the beginning of cooking to enrich the dish’s flavor or added towards the end of cooking if a sharper garlic flavor is desired. Fresh garlic cloves can be stored in a cool, dry place for several months.
Dried garlic or garlic powder is convenient and shelf-stable but less flavourful than fresh garlic. Garlic powder can be substituted for fresh garlic or garlic in oil in recipes, but it is advisable to use less of it as the flavor is more assertive.
Garlic in oil is widely used in many cuisines, from Mediterranean, Asian, Latin American, European, and many others. It is known for enhancing the flavors of other ingredients in a dish and is often used in soups, stews, marinades, sauces, dressings, pizzas, and alongside fish and meat dishes.
It is also known for its potential health benefits, such as reducing the risk of heart disease, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and improving the immune system.
As a by-product of the garlic in the oil, we use extra virgin olive oil, considered the highest quality olive oil, obtained from the first cold pressing of the olives. It has a fruity and slightly bitter taste. The oil is also high in polyphenols, antioxidants linked to a reduced risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases. The oil from the blend can also be used as a seasoning for pasta, salad dressings, and marinades and as a dipping oil for bread.
THE BENEFITS OF GARLIC IN OIL:
- Taste: garlic is known for its strong, spicy aroma and flavor. Adding extra virgin olive oil gives a more intense and aromatic spice.
- Handiness: garlic in oil can be stored in a sterilized jar in the fridge for several months.
- Versatility: garlic in oil is versatile and ready for anyone adventurous enough to discover new flavors and uses.
- Nutrition: extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and healthy fats that benefit overall health.
- Aromaticity: the oil in which the garlic is used emits a solid and pleasant aroma, further enhancing the dining experience.